I made a terrible mistake last night. Everyone was out for the evening and I couldn’t help myself…. I decided to indulge in a big bowl of ice cream. Unusual for me these days as I am trying to cut back. Unfortunately for me, the hour was late, the ice cream had huge chocolate chunks in it, and the caffeine laden chocolate kept me tossing and turning most of the night. That plus the fact that I listen to talk radio and easily get engaged in the conversations and political news, that I spent hours staring at the bedroom ceiling. Last night was tough. The humidity was still in the air, and though the fan was constantly blowing upon my prostrate form… relief in the way of sleep eluded me till nearly 4 am. I learned all about the election results in South Carolina, the spill in the gulf and the latest scandal from Hollywood.
I woke up at 8:15 this morning… late for me… I was exhausted.
As I write this missive, my sister is digging through the freezer and has just discovered my theft! She was planning on using the ice cream for my nephew’s birthday party later today. Oh dear.
What excuse can I give. I really didn’t think you know. When I started eating the splendid dessert I was out of control. It happens once in a while. I scooped just a little, and it seemed so small in my bowl, I scooped another, then another…. and before I knew it, I had scooped just about all of the ice cream out of the box… and there was so little left in the bottom of the carton —well, I didn’t want it to go to waste. Such a large carton, and so little ice cream sitting there in the bottom, alone and just waiting for someone. So I took that too. I even added some whipped cream.
I took the monstrous bowl into the TV room and began to eat. It didn’t take long for me to realize that I had “bitten off more than I could possibly chew.” When my nephew came home I asked him if he wanted to help me finish off the bowl, but he declined. He had just come home from a friend’s party and he was full of goodies without one spec of space to eat anything else. Very unusual for a fourteen year old!
I tried to finish the bowl myself, but by now, shame had replaced rapture. I had to stop eating. And as the remainder of the ice cream was now beyond anyone else’s enjoyment, I had no choice but to dispose of the glob… It had melted considerably.
Bottom line… by the time I hit the sack, I was most uncomfortable… fell right to sleep, then woke up an hour later with the caffeine chocolate jiggies… and those lasted until 4 am. Ugh.
Won’t do that again. Did you ever over indulge?